Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Mistress - John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo movie

Today, my wife and I watched the movie " The Mistress " at Cinema 2 of SM San Lazaro. The movie stars John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo with Hilda Koronel and Ronaldo Valdez.

I left my work at Isetann around 6:30 pm to fetch my wife from 168 Mall. It was already 7:30 when we started to travel from Divisoria to Tayuman riding a motorcycle. It was raining then, but was excited coz it'll be the 4th time that I'll be taking my wife to a movie. I'm not that romantic, its just that my wife and I have watched this beautiful movie trailer of john Lloyd and Bea. We're excited on the outcome of the movie.



Around 8pm when we purchased a ticket worth Php170.00 each at Cinema ticket booth. (SM Cinema is now using a card instead of a ticket). The screening will start at 8:30pm, that gave us the time to buy food first at Jollibee on the ground floor.

Around 8:05pm we were line up at the cashier to make some order. Two orders of Spaghetti with 1 large and 1 regular coke and also two pieces of classic jolly hotdog. The cashier with his male assistant prepared the foods to go, but we were to wait for awhile because there is a pending 1 piece jolly hotdog. We were surprised cause the male crew assistant add two pieces of Yum burger in the plastic. While waiting my for the Jolly hotdog, I was planning to call the attention of the manager about the excess burgers, but still waiting for the pending order to verify if the two burger was accidentally punched in our receipt. But it took us 20 minutes to wait for the Jolly hotdog that my wife got angry with the Jollibee cashier. When they gave us the hotdog, we left the store not returning the burgers. (lol...please don't curse us for doing that. It was not an honest decision but we felt it was justify for keeping us waiting for the Jolly hotdog that the cashier failed to inform the person responsible preparing it that there is pending order.)

Anyways, it was already 8:30 when we line up at cinema to get a good sit to watch the movie.

The movie started to roll. Shot inside the " National Bookstore " where John Lloyd (JD) accidentally spotted Bea (Zaree) while she is looking for a book. Don't ask me the book title cause I forgot that already. JD is a firm and very confident person that he think whatever he wants, he can get it. While Zaree is a sweet, beautiful and a soft spoken woman. A typical conservative look Filipina that every Filipino would love to persuade to become a girlfriend.

JD persistently ask the name of Zaree, which he didn't get. Then Zaree's famous words " Hindi lahat ng gusto mo, makukuha mo." That's how the story begins.... etc.

I don't want to tell you the whole story, just want to give you some portion of it because of my respect for the director, producer and the actors. Cause the movie is just a few days since the first screening. Don't get mad, it will be very best if you watch it in the big screen with your partner and or friends. And I'm not even sure if it spells Zaree or Sarie or Sarry. Correct me then, the right spelling of the Bea's character's name.

Among the highlights of the movie are the truth behind the bitterness of John Lloyd (JD) against his father Ronaldo Valdez (Rico), the secret affair of his mother to other men, the relationship of Bea (Zaree) with Rico and the intention of JD to court Zaree despite knowing that Zaree do not know his relationship with Rico.

I love John Lloyd's famous line " Ang daming dahilan kung bakit di kita dapat mahalin, pero may isang bagay kung bakit di ko magawa yun....Mahal kita....yun lang yun "

There is also 1 character on the movie that caught my attention, the 8th year old cute little guy that is courting Bea.

I love the movie and my wife too. They have exposed whatever possible outcome on the situation, a typical Filipino reasoning.

I just don't like the ending. It's not happy for both lovers. But it gives good happy ending for the family of JD.

I hope the director could have created an alternative ending for Bea and John Lloyd. A good ending for the movie goers who wanted to watch a good love story.

Anyways, I realized that there is some discrepancy in the movie. When John Lloyd uttered his famous line for Bea during the movie trailer, it was inside the cave on wedding location. But on the movie, he said this line " Ang daming dahilan kung bakit di kita dapat mahalin, pero may isang bagay kung bakit di ko magawa yun....Mahal kita....yun lang yun " inside the car.

Could it be that the movie trailer was edited to make it real so good. The movie was good for me, I just don't like the ending.... medyo bitin... sana may part two para makita happy ending.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment